ICAR-Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute (IASRI) is a pioneer Institute of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) undertaking research, teaching and training in Agricultural Statistics, Computer Application and Bioinformatics. Ever since its inception way back in 1930, as small Statistical Section of the then Imperial Council of Agricultural Research, the Institute has grown in stature and made its presence felt both nationally and internationally. ICAR-IASRI has been mainly responsible for conducting research in Agricultural Statistics and Informatics to bridge the gaps in the existing knowledge. It has also been providing education/ training in Agricultural Statistics and Informatics to develop trained manpower in the country. The research and education is used in improving the quality and meeting the challenges of agricultural research in newer emerging areas.
The Institute also occupies a place of pride in the National Agricultural Statistics System (NASS) and has made several important contributions in strengthening NASS, which has a direct impact on the national policies. The Institute has contributed significantly by providing excellent human resource to NARES in the country in the disciplines of Agricultural Statistics and Informatics for meeting the challenges of Agricultural Research in the newer emerging areas. Conducting post graduate teaching and in-service courses in Agricultural Statistics, Computer Application and Bioinformatics for human resource development is an important activity.
- To undertake research, education and training in agricultural statistics, computer applications and bioinformatics for agriculture research
- To provide advisory/consultancy services/ methodological support and computational solutions to NARES/NASS (National Agricultural Research and Education System/ National Agricultural Statistics System)
- Statistics and Informatics for enriching the quality of Agricultural Research
- To undertake research, education and training in Agricultural Statistics, Computer Application and Bioinformatics for Agricultural Research
- To conduct research, education and training in Agricultural Statistics and Informatics