IT Unit has been created to manage all ICT related work of development, implementation and operational management in the Council with following mandate:
- Creation and maintaining of ICT Infrastructure
- Software Development
- Software Standards and Quality Assurance
- Implementation, Operational Maintenance and Support for e-governance Activities of council
- Data Management and Data Analytics
- Development of databases and information system for the National Agricultural Research System.
- Creation of ICT Infrastructure for hosting the Web Applications and ICAR Institutes Website
- Advanced Supercomputing Hub for OMICS Knowledge in Agriculture (ASHOKA). A National Agricultural Bioinformatics Grid (NABG) has been established at IASRI, New Delhi in year 2013. In this grid, the first supercomputing hub for Indian Agriculture i.e., Advanced Supercomputing Hub for OMICS Knowledge in Agriculture – ASHOKA has been set up. This facility is built in a state-of-art Data Centre and out of nine super-computers of this grid, two super-computers are ranked at 11th and 24th in the list of top super-computers of India by Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore.
- ICAR DATA CENTRE (an ISO 27001:2013 and 20000:2011): ICAR-DC is providing IT services efficiently to DARE, KVK, ICAR and its institutes, since Sept, 2014. The facilities are built in a state-of-art Data Centre, equipped with industry standard 960 Cores Compute, 6224 GB RAM, 400 TB Storage, Networking, Cyber Security, Power Precision Colling, Building Management System, Software, Application, Tools and other related technologies. There are more than 22000 e-Mail boxes and more than 300 Portal /Website /Application. ICT infrastructure and services are scalable in nature, therefore it is a continuous process of addition of hardware, software and services to meet the requirement of ICAR.
|Sr No||Services||Support Email|
|1||Email and Webhosting||Support.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||ICAR Personnel Management System||Support.email@example.com|
|5||Agricultural Research Management System (ARMS)||Support.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Foreign Visit Management System (FVMS)||Support.email@example.com|
|7||Land Record Management System (LRMS)||Support.firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Kisan Sarathi – System of Agri-information Resources Auto-transmission and Technology Hub Interface, ICAR. Powered by: Interactive Information Dissemination System (IIDS), Digital India Corporation (DIC), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India
- It is an ICT based platform for two-way multi-lingual communication system between Farmers and Agricultural Experts for transmission of agricultural technology/information and advisory in the form of Text, Images, Audios and Videos and the pool of large number the subject matter experts.
Network program on Precision Agriculture (NePPA)
- Development of Intelligent decision support system for precision agriculture.
Farmer FIRST Programme Portal
- Farmer FIRST Programme (FFP) Portal is a knowledge management and dissemination system in the field of agricultural extension.
- This portal provides detailed information of all projects under FFP programme.
- This portal acts as a single hub of collection of information related to events, trainings, activities and interventions of the projects under FFP.
Contact: In-Charge, IT UNIT
|S.No.||NAME OF THE TRAINING||VENUE||DURATION||Course Coordinators|
|1||Online Training program on "Cyber Security for ICAR Technical Personnel"||ICAR-IASRI||02-07 March 2022||Dr Mukesh Kumar
Dr K K Chaturvedi
|2||Online Training program on "E-Governance Applications in ICAR"||ICAR-IASRI||25-30 October 2021||Dr S B Lal
Sh Sanjeev Kumar
|3||Virtual Training Programme On E-Governance Applications in ICAR for Technical Staff||ICAR-IASRI||6-10 September 2021||Dr K K Chaturvedi
Dr S B Lal