To undertake research, education and training in Agricultural Statistics and Computer Applications for Agricultural Research
- To undertake basic, applied adaptive, strategic and anticipatory research in Agricultural Statistics and related fields and use these researches in meeting challenges and improving quality of agricultural research
- To conduct post-graduate teaching and in-service, customized and sponsored training courses in Agricultural Statistics and Computer Applications at National and International level so as to be a leading centre of excellence in Human Resource Development.
- To provide methodological support in strengthening National Agricultural Statistics System by establishing linkages with State departments of agriculture and allied fields, other research institutions, industry, etc.
- To lead in development of Agricultural Knowledge Management and Information System for National Agricultural Research System.
- To provide advisory and consultancy services for strengthening the National Agricultural Research System and undertaking sponsored research and consultancy for National and International organizations.